View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #23
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
So, it seems to be getting a little more confusing. From what i understand it would be best to find a component system that includes 6x9's used only for the lows and something else for the mids and highs. Most component systems come with the 6x9 woofers and tweeters. Since the Camaro's dash speakers are the mids and highs, it seems dumb to get tweeters. It would be better to upgrade the 6x9 door speakers with woofers and then upgrade the dash speakers (mids/highs) as well. The Kenwood set has the woofers and the the 2.5" mid/high speakers. So this seems the best choice. But, will the Kenwood 2.5' speakers fit in the spot where the factory dash speakers are located? I can't tell and Crutchfield doesn't really say. regardless, will just replacing the 6x9's make a big enough difference to justify the $219? Or would I need to replace the dash ones and the door ones to really hear a big difference? Also, now I'm thinking a better amp might be needed as well. And that's a whole other can of worms!
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote