View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #78

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Now this is what I am talking about. A company that wants to put the customer's wants first, instead of showboating with a questionable energy format. GM will end up forcing itself out of business if they continue on this path of chasing EV technology. The technology is thoughtful but decades behind in terms of reliability when compared to ICE. I don't ever see myself wanting an EV as long as ICE vehicles continue to be made.

Well done Ford.
It's a great sentiment from Ford, and I hope for a while they can help expose the folly of all the "EV inevitability". EVs are the Trojan horse to end fossil fuels and usher in a new low-expectation, low quality of life Transition future.
A few high-end ICE models from Ford and GM are not anywhere near keeping ICE around as a viable option for the average car-buyer. Better than nothing, I suppose.
But, unnfortunately it sounds somewhat similar to Reuss's reassurances recently about ICE and EV compatibility. This was band-aid ICE pr, and seems to be so unlike GMs direction now. I think Ford will likely end up the same.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01...eeable-future/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote