View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #42
shogun37

Drives: none
Own 2 Mustangs ('19) one EB+PP, one GT+PP1 with extensive suspension and chassis fixes. And the SS1LE. The 1LE is effortless to drive fast and hard. Chassis is just good. The GT350 suffers from all the maladies that it shares with the $28,000 ecoboost. The '19/20 revisions to knuckles etc were nice but did nothing to improve the rubbery mess that is the chassis.

The magneride tuning in the SS/1LE vs the GT350 is no contest. The Ford is sub-par. GM really knows how to build a chassis and do suspension. I don't know what Ford is playing at, frankly.

The GT is now not 'comfort' driving but handles really well if still a bit much on the front spring rate. But it cost $2000 in parts and another easy $1300 in labor to get it there.

I got the 1LE new for 16% off MSRP and aside from putting 19" wheels on and an engine tune from Unleashed Tuning to clean it up, is unmolested and drives so nice. The 1LE is a total bargain.

The upcoming Mach 1 with all of the GT350 coolers will *finally* be a head to head match up with the 1LE. But I expect it'll be an easy $4000 more than GM and yet STILL won't have fixed all the chassis and bushing warts. And the fixes don't make the car noisy which is the excuse de jour. Ford is just lazy and unimaginative. It's a Mustang for Pete's sake, not an Accord.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote