View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #23
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Miss my hyper blue 1SS... looks even better with the 1LE pkg. I can't believe you think the Camaro only feels 25% bigger than the miata, I'd think it felt more like double. You definitely came from a small car background, wow. I've looked at a lot of those but just couldn't quite pull the trigger on any of them. Only small car I've had is a boxster and I only kept it a month lol.

Enjoy the car, be sure to post your track vids and experiences once it warms up a bit.
To me it's what makes the 1LE package so impressive; it makes the weight vanish and it feels much smaller than its dimensions indicate.

I'll definitely post some PDR video from track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
Congratulations, I wish I would have waited for the 1LE, but I got a great deal on a 2SS with MRC instead. Get ready for a whole new driving technique compared to a miata. The camaro has so much power everywhere. I've had 3 miatas similar to yours over the years 91, 94, 2000. Fun cars, wish I kept my last one, I miss it already. You are going to love the 1LE. My 2ss is fun but it feels huge on tight miata roads. It handles great for a bigger, heavier car. Not like a go-kart, but much faster overall on a track than a miata.
Thank you very much. Just for perspective, my turbo Miata is highly prepared and developed with 2.4x the power of stock, bespoke ANZE/Penske, and 20 pistons of Wilwood, etc ad nauseam. It has a similar power-to-weight as the SS at 8.5 Lb/HP vs. 8.2 Lb/HP. They both pale to my now-sold Exige S at 6.4 Lb/HP. I also ride a Triumph Daytona 675R, with me astride comes out to 4.3 Lb/HP. Quick isn't new to me.

I test drove a 2SS last year and enjoyed it immensely, however I have to be honest the 1LE is distinctly more focused as a track car. The Track setting on the 2SS MRC feels roughly comparable to the Tour setting on the 1LE. Admittedly this may be too firm for some [most?] people, but it's rather comfortable for track rats like me that are used to crazy high wheel frequencies.