View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #110
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
REVIVAL

Given this wonderful article, and the list of theoretically compatible "Syncromesh" type gear lubes, has anyone tried any of the higher viscosity/viscosity index lubes, such as 'Amsoil Synchromesh' or 'Pennzoil Synchromesh'? It seems the 'Royal Purple Synchromax' is the winner among you guys.

BUT, depending on how thick the TR6060 likes its lube, dare I ask if better or more consistent results may occur using the Amsoil or Pennzoil due to their higher viscosity indexes than the Royal Purple Synchromax (remaining a more consistent viscosity through the temperature range)? These oils are thicker, and I'm not sure if the TR6060 prefers a thicker or thinner oil.

The Royal Purple Synchromax tests as the thinnest of all the lubes shown, does anyone know if that's what it prefers? Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, though it may seem as such. Lol
I used the RP in my 2011 & 2014 V6's and it made a great improvement.
I put it in my 2017 ZL1 and it made it way worse. Even after I quickly had the stock lube put back in, shifting is still more notchy and grindable than before I tried to "improve" it.