View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #106
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitRacer View Post
I keep hearing that "purists" will stop buying. I don't believe it. They said the mustang moving to IRS was going to have similar results. It diddn't. For anyone really interested in performance this is a huge step forward. As much as I prefer a standard trans the new dual clutch automatics are just faster. It really come does to style vs substance and the C8 has substance. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty too. It seems like an uncompromising approach to performance is being favored here though and I love it.
If the Camaro has taught us anything, Its that Chevy will sacrifice customer desires to produce the best performing product period.
With the Camaro, they don't care if you can see, fit in the back seat, or carry any cargo..... So long as it performs. Sadly, most buyers value those other things a little bit more and as such, aren't as willing to buy the Camaro.

Now, Corvette buyers will have to decide if the inability to "feel connected" to the car is worth performance.
Given that there are people making those sacrifices already for the Corvette and Camaro, I suspect that they will keep doing so and that any who walk away, will be replaced by the cross shoppers that are willing to move to Corvette for the great price to performance ration over competing cars.