View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #27
Mgsouthwest2001

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS 8A Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKGBAD View Post
Worked great for about 2-3k miles.

Problems are back now, worse than before.

They did *not* replace the TC.

Symptoms: jerk/jolt/extremely hard shifts (usually when pulling out from in front of my house) , higher gears isnt as obvious

occasional "rumbling" as if i am going over rumble strips

on downhill/declines car freaks out and doesn't know how to downshift, RPMs jump to 2-3k and hover there while the engine howls and doesn't stop until i hard brake and bring the car to a complete stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac2016 View Post
Flushed 3 consecutive times with old fluid, flushed 3 more consecutive times with old fluid, and has been flushed with the new fluid twice on 2 separate visits. Has it improved some? Yes. Is it gone? Nope. And it is mostly present when the afm goes from v4 to v6. Sure that afm disabler probably would help but should we be the ones trying to fix it that way? I dont think so. If they can’t fix it then they better bite the bullet and take this car back. And thats the thing, they don’t care. Only thing fully protects you is lemon laws and they vary by state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
I just called my dealer. My shudder is much softer than it was the last time around but it's actually happening more than it used to. It's also gotten progressively more common over the last week.

Always happens with light throttle at around 2500rpm I believe.

Well, looks like we have some evidence that the new fluid is not going to permanently fix the problem. I hate that. Keep the responses coming guys. Just to check, I unplugged my range and drove the car a few miles yesterday. The shudder is still fixed for now on mine. No shudder on either 4 or 8 cyl mode. Plugged the range back in and am running in all 8 all the time again. I have to admit this whole shudder thing is like a black cloud that hangs over the car. I really have enjoyed the car but this whole issue does take some of the enjoyment away because I always wonder, "Is this thing going to stay fixed or end up being a major headache?"