View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg19498 View Post
I have a 2020 1LS 2.0 Turbo/M6 with 2062 miles. At approximately 850 Miles, I had the listed oil catch can professionally installed by a local reputable garage. I have twice removed the dip stick and to see how much, if any, is accumulating. Both times it had nothing on the stick.

Today I removed the can itself, finding it initially not fully tightened, but not excessively loose. The "O" ring was present on the can. It was completely dry with no detectable residue anywhere inside. * I expected at least some residue.

All hoses seem to be correctly installed per the instructions and comparison with online images. The oil level is full and has remained so.
I fully tightened the can afterwards. No CEL, idle smooth at approx 750 rpm's for the most par

I don't want to risk having a build up of pressure blow out seals if it can be avoided.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.
A lack of oil in the catch can just means that there's a lack of blow by/oil, which is a good thing. With your car only having 2k miles on it, you likely won't have much.

My '17 has 25k on the clock and I get about 1/4-1/2" of accumulation every few months. I don't drive the car in the winter which is when most accumulation would occur. If you want you can add some stainless steel wool into the baffle on the can to help with accumulation, however a lack of oil isn't a bad thing!