View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
So this is an overhaul of the system based on my experience over the last year with this setup. In my CT-V, I have a close to perfect setup. Went through multiple infinite baffle setups before i decided on front firing dual 10" W6's , sealed to the cabin. Used both CLD and MLV to eliminate unwanted vibration as well as sound.

When I started this build in the ZL1, I knew it would never be perfect. The mechanisms for the convertible won't allow for a proper seal to really get rid of all of the extra noise. But I still want more bass when the top is down, so we're moving to this setup.

What you suggested would be perfect to try in a coupe.

"are you going to mat the full interior to remove the increased road noise from losing ANC? I totally understand not wanting ANC signals chopping your audio reproduction, but the ambient noise increase is going to also lower the nuances perceived."

No, I am trying to keep the weight down, hence, why I didn't go full throttle on CLD and MLV on this car. The CT-V is already a heavy pig, and even with 600+ hp, it feels really heavy with all of the sound deadener we put in there. Knowing my sound will never be perfect in this car anyway, am forgoing SQ for SPL, which is more what I care about when the top is down
You've sold me on the HAT speakers. Gonna try these vs. the Voces
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote