View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Have you considered 8-10" shallow mounts in IB from under the rear shelf? Could move the full range drivers to the side panels for rear fill. With the tight enclosure of our trunks and limited space, a good adapter seal with the bottom of the shelf and matting on both side of the shelf should provide surprisingly decent bass response.

I'm thinking of doing free air on the rear shelf of the Camaro and the Mustang.

Nice choice is parts. With such a high SPL system, are you going to mat the full interior to remove the increased road noise from losing ANC? I totally understand not wanting ANC signals chopping your audio reproduction, but the ambient noise increase is going to also lower the nuances perceived.
So this is an overhaul of the system based on my experience over the last year with this setup. In my CT-V, I have a close to perfect setup. Went through multiple infinite baffle setups before i decided on front firing dual 10" W6's , sealed to the cabin. Used both CLD and MLV to eliminate unwanted vibration as well as sound.

When I started this build in the ZL1, I knew it would never be perfect. The mechanisms for the convertible won't allow for a proper seal to really get rid of all of the extra noise. But I still want more bass when the top is down, so we're moving to this setup.

What you suggested would be perfect to try in a coupe.

"are you going to mat the full interior to remove the increased road noise from losing ANC? I totally understand not wanting ANC signals chopping your audio reproduction, but the ambient noise increase is going to also lower the nuances perceived."

No, I am trying to keep the weight down, hence, why I didn't go full throttle on CLD and MLV on this car. The CT-V is already a heavy pig, and even with 600+ hp, it feels really heavy with all of the sound deadener we put in there. Knowing my sound will never be perfect in this car anyway, am forgoing SQ for SPL, which is more what I care about when the top is down
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK

Last edited by drfeelgood; 01-03-2019 at 12:52 PM.
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote