View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Thinking of trading both of my Camaro's for a 2SS

and can't decide if I want to do it or not.
If I do, the payments will be cheaper than my current 1LT V6 (as I have a down payment, significant rebates, and 84 month financing available.)

The main fiats with my 1LT V6 is my heat is intermittently not working and GM doesn't want to do a thing about it (although I've at this point escalated this higher up the chain and am awaiting feedback and am willing to go the attorney route if need be as I have one.).

For the 99 Z28 (which I've done alot of cosmetic work, redid the entire interior, as well as installed a built 4L60E from a reputable vendor - capable of supporting 600WHP and had plans on building a forged motor / applying boost and a MWC 9" Fabricated Rear Axle -- even in mostly stock form the car gets alot more compliments than my 6th Gen does, oddly.) - if I trade it in they will give me an extra 3 Grand toward the purchase and I also won't have to worry about handling two cars (or modding my 4th Gen thus releasing my finances for other areas of my life.) It's going to cost a pretty penny to complete my 99 Z28 and I'm not quite satisfied with it as it is although it is still a sweet car. Also the car isn't known to be reliable, although lately a bit more than it has been in the past, I recently had to replace my SLP intake LID because it cracked and fouled out the MAF, also just installed my new Transmission because the stocker started slipping but thats expected at this mileage.

The idea would be converging two cars into one and eliminating all the money I'm spending on mods and repairs from my 99 Z28, while giving me a car with heat for my 1LT V6.. while sounding good on paper though admittedly the mod bug is still in me.. but after testing driving a 2SS I don't think I would have a need or desire to mod that car for awhile, if ever - besides maybe intake and exhaust (but I hear the gains from these are so negligible that its almost not worth it)...

There's also a chance (although unconfirmed) that I may end up moving to California in the near future and if that happens I don't know if I will be able to do much more, if anything to my 99 Z28.

What would suck is, I've invested quite a bit in my Z28 (Brembo Brakes, 19" Wheels, Repaired the body kit and had it repainted but it really needs to be repainted again, Modernized the interior by a good bit, Corvette Window motors in both doors not prone to the thermal resistor failure and MUCH faster than the stock F-Body Window Motors, Custom leather seats (grey and orange), Custom Gauge cluster with both analog and digital speed readings and an OBD read out (AIT, A/F Ratio, Water Temp, Throttle Percentage, Alot more.) built into the cluster... Would I miss it? In ways yes, because its my on hands and work that kept that car running, and it has T-Tops, and its one of the last of its kind that isn't utterly trashed out.

Overall though I'm seeing on paper that owning one 6th Gen 2SS would be cheaper than a 1LT V6 and a 99 Z28 (I will save a combined $400 a month with car payments and insurance considered on top of not spending in repairs or mods for the 99 Z28.)

So I'm not really sure.

I think what is really beginning to scare me is investing $20,000 into my 99 Z28 (approximately what my boost project is going to cost when all said and done on top of having all the body work re-done .. last body shop left the car covered in soots of overspray and did a horrible prep job and I have dimples in the paint on the nose of the car.) and finding that I STILL want a 2SS in the end.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote