View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Vengeance Racing A10 ZL1 hits the drag strip

This past Saturday we made it to Carolina Dragway for some testing prior to starting the modification process on our A10 ZL1. I drove the car a bit over three hours from our location to the drag strip and literally pulled it right into the staging lanes. The result was 11.41@124.61 on street tires. I pulled back around and bolted up a set of drag radials mounted to a set of Weld wheels. I had a set of front runners as well, but the calipers on the ZL1 would not clear them so we bolted up the stock front tires and went back out to make two more hits. You can see from the time stamp on the slips there was no cool down between runs. Our focus was on getting an accurate baseline prior to modifying the car. Bolting on the drag radials picked up a solid tenth, but could have gone faster with some tuning. You can literally feel the torque management pulling the power down on the launch. I am 100% confident that with a proper ECU calibration and a drag radial that 10s are doable.

Here is a video of one of the runs. I apologize for the delay after the burn out. I was setting up EFI Live to log the run.

The car leaves today to head to ProCharger for design/fitment of an aftermarket supercharger system. Initial fitment will include their D1SC head unit and an air to air intercooler. Once that is complete they are going to install an F1A-94 with an air to water intercooler. The car will then be returned to us for installation of our complete heads/cam package/fuel system upgrades/Kooks Header system and ECU calibration. I will keep everyone updated as we make progress.

We understand everyone may not take their ZL1 to this extreme, but we have years of experience with the LT4 and know what kind of power it can support. Our goal is to push this A10 transmission to find its limits so that we are able to offer reliable performance packages to our customers.
Attached Images

RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote