View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #122
vtwin996

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
Is the internal construction of these mufflers the same as the ones with NPP already built in? From watching the promo videos on this, the NPP version is chambered differently than the non NPP version which means adding valves would just restrict the flow to one tip instead of two, not actually change the exhaust tone as in the NPP version.

If it works, sounds like you got a hell of deal.
I tried to look for any information about the internals before I decided to swap my factory valves in, but did not find anything. They do have the option on non-CF tips to add NPP functionality to their non-NPP axle-backs so I assumed they are the same.

With my GM valves welded in on this non-npp borla s-type it acts just like the stock setup, it changes the sound a decent amount, but not as quiet as stock in stealth. I can even tell a difference with fuse pull (i have the mild2wild)..

UPDATE ON SOUND LEVEL: When I first installed this system I though it was loud and no need for x-pipe or headers.. not sure if i was just excited to hear the new exhaust or not, but after driving for the last few days I would say it could be louder... so now I'm looking into x-pipe (not sure if I'm going to do secondary cat delete or not), but not headers at this time.

This axle back sounds great with spirited driving, but still a little too quiet during daily driving, seems the interior of these cars keeps things to quiet as well because other people tell me it sounds great cruising through the neigborhood.
vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote