View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Trying to understand the differences in tuning the LT1 (High Comp.) in boosted applications (I.E. Centri Chargers) Vs. similar boosted setups on the earlier LS motors (I.E. LS3 or LS7). Talking about Pump Gas 91 and 93 applications.

What are the main parameters to watch out for in the newer LT1 GDIs?

A/F and Ignition Timing probably being the critical factors to take into account, however, the relation to Fuel pressure(I.E. much higher with the GDI motors?) and injectors' timing and fuel quantity / supply should be attended to in a different way I guess?

Thanks to those who are experienced can provide some education and guidance on how they go about safely tuning the SBE LT1 motors on boost.
While there are plenty of guys on this board who know more about this than I do, I’ll get the party started by saying that in addition to AFR, you need to watch:
  • Low side fuel pressure from the tank
  • High side fuel pressure at the rail
  • Injector PW time, I’d suggest keeping under 6.0ms
If any your fuel pressures drop below commanded, or injector PW goes over 6.0, I’d get that figured out before proceeding.