View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #41
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
With only a handful of 1LEs there and the new ones selling for that much think about how much we could sell our used ones for?!?! You can potentially enjoy it for 3-4 years and then sell it for 30-40k Euros and get most if not all of your money back haha
The 1LE I mentioned on the price was actually a used one from a dealer - it appears they sell primarily American cars. Nonetheless, likely there is more to it than just signing over the pinkslip - otherwise it would be common knowledge. Would be a nice outcome though!

Update: truck arrives Wednesday in Boblingen customs house (suburb of Stuttgart). Weather looks decent even...will be bringing my temp plates and a camera for all the damage...(we hope not).

Apologies for the tangent - but visited the Porsche Museum yesterday (its local) and had to pose with my favorite car:

Porsche 959. I recall reading a test back in the 80's of how to get the best launch time - turn up the wick to 7000 rpm with AWD in lock - dump the clutch with all 4 spinning. Also nearly touches 200 mph...back in 1986.

Last edited by Tim M; 02-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote