View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmferdz63 View Post
Here’s an update. Been a few days since the fluid change. Good news and bad news. The good news is that I do notice an improvement on shifting to second. Definitely much more smoother. Bad news, on the following day I started hearing a moan coming from the rear. Always when the car is cold but it’s loud. Once it warms up the noise is gone. I never noticed this before so I’m pretty sure it’s the result of the rear diff fluid change. I made an appointment to take the car back to the dealer next week. Hopefully they can find the issue quickly and fix it. I wonder if they somehow botched the rear diff fluid change. Any thoughts?
I'm glad your trans shifting smoother, I had the same problem and a trans oil change pretty much took care of it. The rear diff on the other hand is probably they didn't put any diff additive in for the clutches. If you don't put the additive in the car won't like any turns because the clutches need to slip and without the additive the rear wheels will chadder around turns, maybe that the moaning noise you hear. Just my .02 cents.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote