View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #7
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
Thanks Craig,

So finally figured it out. For anyone else that has this issue here are some thought:
Drain the tank, problem I had was the evap related line (brown/orange plug) going to the bottom of the pump runs to a fuel fill valve. Rushing I dropped this line in the tank with fuel, which could have been avoided if you drain the tank. Even if you let the fuel drip out of fitting, there will still be some left, and you have to turn the tank sideways to get out. This was my issue I though I drained it.

Leveler/floater might get stuck on one of the 3 lines that connect to the pump, or a 4th line that runs to the right side of the tank. Make sure to check to see if the floater has full travel without hitting one of these lines. It’s kind of tight so you have to reach in and use your hand and manually move it up and down. If you feel any resistance other than the liquid, even if it’s a little, it might be hitting one of the hoses and you might want to reposition the hoses.

Lastly it is good to just check the Ohms on the lever travel from top to bottom using a multimeter before installing on the new pump. At bottom it ~251, forgot what top was but you can check it against the transfer pump on the other side of the tank.

All in all, bad engineering designs, but hope this helps anyone else with the same issue
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote