View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #8
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I've ran both, and tend to like the M/T tire better. The Hoosier is closer to a true drag tire than the M/T but for that you lose the ability to street it like the M/T does. The Hoosier tends to flex a lot more and wiggle both on the track and the street. In all reality, the right tire for the track has no business on the street at all, so it's hard to say a good track tire and be a good street tire as well. My 60' was actually better running M/T's in my last car (I have not ran Hoosiers on my 6th gen). You get a healthy grip with the Hoosier compared to the M/T, but you have to drive them differently. If you drive the M/T like the Hoosier you are probably going to break something lol. I'm sorry if this was all mentioned, I didn't have time to read all the post in this as I'm killing time before a meeting. In your pictures it does look like you may have went down a size with the Hoosier which will effect your performance running it compared to the M/T.
I definitely don't intend to drive these on the roads. I did like being able to drive to the track on the MTs when I couldn't find a support driver but honestly, I'd rather have a tire that's best at what it's supposed to do.

I don't see how my 60' could be worse with the Hoosier. I couldn't get better than 1.9's on stock rubber but never got below 2.0's on the MT's. My best ET on the MT's was a full tenth slower than my best ET on stock.

Can you elaborate on exactly how you have to "drive them differently"? For both stock and MT's have had to get slight to moderate, controlled wheel spin at the tree - just enough to hook in the power band. With that tall 1st gear and over-aggressive torque management, it's the only thing that avoids the nose dive on the M6.

Thanks for the feedback!

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote