View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 11:10 AM   #2
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
As of now (although things can change - Lol) I think I'm going to do this build in two phases, maybe.
Phase 1) complete bolt on, fuel 2) heads and cam, fuel, cooling -heat exchangers.
In the first phase I'm hoping for 700-750rwhp, if I feel I need more then I'll go to phase 2. To get to that # in phase 1 I know fuel needs to be addressed which I don't mind. Rather be safe than sorry and figure whatever I do will help for phase 2.

Decided to see if that 700plus range is good enough for the street. Want to have fun but not where the car is unusable. As I've said in other posts this is a street car, will not see time on a road course but maybe the occasional trip to the drag strip. If I break the time where I need to invest in a roll gage then that's out too.

Here's my list for phase 1 so far.
Maggie 2650
80 or 90mm pulley
9.2" drive pulley
Gates Green belt
103 Nick Williams T/B and snout
Kooks 2" LT w/high flow green cats, x-pipe to the stock suitcase.
Rotofab Big Gulp
160 deg thermostat
Fuel??

Fuel is the only place I'm undecide on but willing to do what I need.
Low side - JMS booster - anything else...…aux fuel pump?
High side - what are my limits with stock cam?
Can add an XDI pump but what about injectors. Do oem injectors have room for the added fuel or do I need the +30. Hate to invest in +30 if in phase two I decide on +65.

Appreciate everyone input...….
Your high side is going to run out before low side. An 80mm with a 9.2 lower will put you at 18psi or more. Not even doable.

700 would be absolute max on high side/stock cam unless your pumping in meth and 700 is pushing it. 680 is more typical.

Mods your showing for phase 1 would be maybe 680rwhp with a 90mm pulley, then your out of fuel.

You don’t need to worry about the low side until you add a cam.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote