View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
If you have an A10, I would definitely send the TCM for a tune. Right now you have pulley, intake, ported TB, and a lower, with increased breathing (intake and headers). I would talk to a reputable shop and see what they say (Cunningham, Vengenace, WeaponX) my guess is 3/3 of those shops will tell you to send the TCM to be unlocked and tune the car properly.

for reference , I installed a rotofab and tried to tune afterwards WITHOUT sending the TCM to be unlocked... while we picked up about 40 extra torq, we could only increase the HP by about 18. he could see that the system was locked out and he could only make small adjustments to lean the system out a bit. When I do hard pulls, I throw a code, which resolves after driving a bit. You have what I have + ported TB and a pulley. If it were my car, answer 1-10 would be YES, tune.

I purchased the 2.3 griptech upper recently with green belt. I am going to drop it off at my tuner's place to have the TCM sent to HP tuners and unlocked, add the 2.3' upper, retune, and hopefully be done.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote