View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #41
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Fair enough, that's entirely possible. I'm just not used to seeing these guys outright "lie", or go a step further than that and put forward reasons and facts why it can't be true.

I have a personal theory that the car is a Cadillac. But I'm totally prepared to be wrong.

I am used to seeing them do it, my dad put 30 years in at a GM plant and was in on several GM projects. He toured BG during one of the big Corvette projects and got to see one of the special Corvette projects areas that was behind closed doors only after he signed a non-disclosure agreement.

As said if anyone from GM said "Yeah the new Corvette or the ZR1 will be mid engine and will make 750 and be the fastest one ever" you could imagine that sales on the C7 would plummet and also potentially on the Gen 6 Camaro as those buyers wait for that new Corvette to come to market.

Those people will lie up until the vehicle release or until their hand is forced to admit the vehicle exists, the way they see it is if a buyer buys a C7 and then sees a C8 mid engine that they have to have, GM just got a sale of a C7 and a C8 as well.

The higher ups are always chasing after the ROI at the end of the day.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote