Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #287
sgo1960

Drives: Soon to be Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

snip--Track stuff.

Side note, I saw one in California a little over a week ago. I'm not impressed by the looks. It is ok but not anything spectacular. It does sound pretty amazing tho, I'll give it that. It sounds better than the Camaro although not by light years. Just slightly better. Although I'm not sure how much drone it'll have with an exhaust. My 15 had the most horrible drone I ever experienced after I did an exhaust. I can't see the car being worth over $50K considering it's lack of performance and the pretty dull looks. Mid $40Ks for a fully dressed GT at best is what I'd expect to pay IF that much. If anything they'll tank in value by the end of this year.
I agree with you. Looks are ok but nothing spectacular. What shocked me was the price. I played around with the online build calculators and it didn't take much to put the car over $50k. I'm like you, mid 40's is where a premium , non- track spec car should sit. When I bought my 03 GT I put a set of Flowmasters on it. They lasted about a week before I swapped them out for a set of Magnaflows. The drone was ear splitting at 2k RPM. Also like others have said, it seems that Ford doesn't fix systemic problems like drive shaft vibration, rusting shock towers / frame rails etc. Whenever I Google problems I get on my 03 GT I find a bazillion hits, which is good in terms of getting advice, but bad when I find out the same hits go back 1 or 2 generations earlier and continue, sometimes to the current generation. That's not good. All cars have problems but it behooves the manufacturer to change the design to solve the problem. I'm still considering the Mustang but leaning toward the Camaro SS at this point.
sgo1960 is offline   Reply With Quote