View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 10:05 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Any chance you can provide a pic of what a "weeping" (leaking?) shock (looks like? I have the wheels off mine fairly regularly (I track it) and would like to know what specifically to look for and where exactly.
This isn't the greatest pic', but look for my finger swipe along the vertical axis, right under the boot.

According to a few posts on the one or two threads about this that I found, it's not uncommon, to a degree. There's a lot that I don't know about what my situation though. I hadn't noticed it until days ago, so I don't know how long it's been there. That shock is at full extension, and the weep-"field" is really focused right around my smudge - it didn't wrap around the back of the shock much, and it didn't flow much further down the shock than you really see in the picture (it really stops near the bottom of my smudge). I cleaned it off, and will check back in some weeks and see though. Admittedly - I could have made that mess myself when I was farting around, in the same area, with some spray lubricant (for something else I was trying to address), so it COULD be from that. I don't know...

There's a lot I don't know. I wouldn't try to suggest anyone should worry. I will say that it looks like the GM retail price of this shock (and probably the driver's side, too) is almost $650. BUT - I can find it easily for about $385, which isn't great, but it isn't $650, lol. Maybe the important thing to consider is if it's worth it? Probably - for those fortunate to drive/own an MRC car, many would probably say it is. Personally - I think it is, and it's worth the price of admission for the ways I enjoy the car. Will it be fun to replace any of these in the future (assuming you can find them in 10-years and beyond...)? No. But having the benefits of how GM integrated them into the car is what I like, and having some choice in how the car feels is nice, too.

JMO.
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote