View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
partylyk1999

Drives: 2012 Nissan Altima
Question New (to be) Chevy Camaro owner - transmission shudder issues? Go for manual instead?

Hey guys, I currently own a Nissan altima that had defective CVT problems. There was a lawsuit and Nissan didn't pay me, so screw them. I recently fell in love with the Camaro and am interested in the 2016-2019 1LT or 2LT RS package. Preferably V6 but open to the 2.0L turbo!

However, I've been reading a lot about A8 transmission shudder issues. Now that I'm traumatized about transmissions, I just have two questions:

1. How prevalent is this and has anyone permanently fixed it?
2. I've never driven manual, but I'm willing to learn. Are there any shudder issues (or any other problems) with the manual version?
Bonus question - which do you prefer?
Bonus bonus question - I'm buying used, somewhere between 30k-50k miles. Any tips on what to beware of with camaros?

Thanks so much guys!

EDIT: Wow, you guys are awesome. I tried to post on r/cars (reddit) and got banned for asking about a "buying" question. Thanks so much for everyone's input, my friend just showed me how to drive manual in his Miata yesterday, and I have to say - it was wicked cool. I'm found a black 2017 1LT 2.0T manual on vroom with 40k miles and I think I might pull the trigger on that. Again, I appreciate all the reassurance!

Last edited by partylyk1999; 02-25-2021 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Solved - manual it is, and thank you guys.
partylyk1999 is offline   Reply With Quote