View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
newchevyman

Drives: 2017 Camero ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Very nice!

Any logs or info on how much the pulley changes the boost pressure? You're currently on the stock tune?

I think they said it picks up about 2 psi IIRC. Not on stock tune. Jason Haynes did the final tune on the car. according to seller. I have not had as much of the gear hunt over time which I assume was the reason for the light random revving. Can't remember last time car did it.

Only mods that have been added since OP are:
Weld polished S71 Drag Pack 20x7 & 17x10.5
BMR lockout kit (BK063) - every ZL1 needs this
Soler ported stock TB - no faster at WOT but part throttle feels improved
Sold the HREs and bought Signature SV502s - 19x10.5 & 19x11

It has been to the drag strip both eighth and quarter mile a few times. Best eighth is 6.9@105 and best quarter is 10.7@131.

I tried my hand at a road course HPDE as well. Though I did zero damage to the car it was certainly more challenging than I anticipated. Car took it like a champ. Swapped brake fluid and left everything else alone. No issues to speak of and I was a total rookie. Only made the vanity plate more appropriate.

A year and a half later the car is at 18k miles. No issues to speak of. I'm still as happy with it as the day we got it. I keep saying I'm going to do heads/cam. Have gotten several quotes but haven't pulled the trigger. Since car already has DSX low side could do E85 with a cam on stock blower with no issues. We'll see. Will update thread when any new mods go on.

2007 Z06 H/C/I/E Half Mile - 169 MPH. Sold.

Last edited by newchevyman; 01-14-2020 at 07:30 PM.
newchevyman is offline   Reply With Quote