View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 09:33 AM   #2
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshyn View Post
Can't seem to find any info on these types of connectors anywhere on Camaro6 or the internet. Its a 2 wire/2 pin connector if anyone has any idea where I can find these connectors, that would be much appreciated. Trying to make a DIY Line Output Converter harness to avoid splicing/tapping into the speaker wires.

Thanks!
Don't snag the signal from the rear speakers, it's greatly attenuated and you'll have too much gain (i.e. noise) on the LOC or amp to compensate. Snag the signal from the front. It's not like the rear quarter panels are easy to remove anyway.

You can get a GM speaker wire adapter pretty easily if you're just going to disconnect the speakers, but since I don't recommend doing that anyway since the rear signal is garbage and you want to keep the front signal: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_003SH3...s.html?tp=3097

Easiest way to do this is to de-pin and re-pin the factory harness at either the factory amp or where it splits for front dash and front door. This way you can add a second wire pair (for each side) to an existing harness that you can then route to the LOC. You'll also want the proper crimp tool since the pins use a 2-stage crimp (conductor separate from insulation).

Pins have specific dimensions and you'll want to first get a pinning kit (like $10 on Amazon) then you can remove the pins, measure, and order what you need.

If I want to build harnesses and plugs, it's a real tedious process since that process isn't well documented. I've done it before but it took hours of research.

You may have luck with a few day subscription to ACDelcoTDS in determining what pins are used.

I'll be digging into this myself soon enough, but I may wait until spring. I will route the front signal to a DSP then run a front 3-way active. I may remove the windshield to both remove the headliner and have access to the dash corners to mod for the mid/tweet combo.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote