View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 09:53 AM   #1
22LT1Camaro

Drives: 22 LT1
Unhappy New '22 LT1 - Check engine light at less than 700 miles.

Bought the car just over a week ago. At just over 600 miles, the check engine light turns on. Car seems to run perfectly fine. I called the dealership, made an appointment. They said if the light goes out after driving the car a bit then I can cancel the appointment and have it diagnosed later.

I filled it with a fresh fuel and drove a bit.

Out of curiosity I call OnStar for diagnostic codes, with these results:
P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P2097 - Trouble Code: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1
P2271 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2

I ordered a cheap OBDII reader and hoping to see if it would indicate if it was still in an error state, but, I couldn't figure out anything, but, the check engine light went out.

I drop in and visit the dealership and ask them about the codes and told them the CEL turned off. I showed them pics of what the OBDII scanner showed. They said I could wait until my next service. They said those codes sometimes appear when the car is sitting and idling. Then on the way home, while driving, it turned back on! Not sure if it's related but I could smell a brief scent of sulfur just as it turned on. I called my service advisor, he felt it was odd that the light returned.

Oh well. I'm curious to know what is going on with the car. I drove back to the dealer and dropped it off and Uber'd home. Wasn't expecting this at ~635 miles on the car, and for it to reoccur 100 miles later.
22LT1Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote