View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 02:12 PM   #157
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
being remote for about the last 3 years (and the foreseeable future) has basically meant my 2016 is only ticking over like 45k miles. And almost all of that was pre-pandemic. This is my only car and my daily driver.

Still running with the original factory brake pads.

I removed the clean side catch can because that was pointless as it was always clean. The dirty side is something i wipe out at each oil change (which is twice a year or less) and it has little to no fluid in it, just a slight sooty oily coating on surfaces.

I did my own trans oil change to the new style since my car had the old style (like all camaro's made before the last half of 2019). I did that before shuttering got noticeable to passengers and haven't had an issue since.

I had to replace the thermostat since that got caked up with dexcool buildup and stopped working properly. I could have probably cleaned it and replaced it but if i'm going to thru the (unnecessarily tedious) trouble of removing the thermostat, i might as well just put a new one on. Hint people, dont let your coolant ever get low or you're going to be asking for thermostat failures (this looks like a coolant sensor failure with 0 degrees shown and fan blowing full blast ...but it's not a bad coolant sensor). Coolant was a bit low for a while such that i guess air got into the thermostat housing while the car was off and cool. No bueno.

Everything is running fine still other than the t-stat issue though. No leaks or mechanical failures.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote