View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #1
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Upshift Required... Engine Protection Mode On ???

Has anyone with the A10 ever had the warning “Upshift Required... Engine Protection Mode On” come up while tracking the car?

If so, do they know why it came up? What the cause was?

Also I’d like to know how was it resolved

This warning came up several times during my first 20 minute track session since the crash, however I actually believe that this warning was coming up the day of the crash, but I’m a little foggy since the crash became the main issue that day and it was 2 months ago.

When it came up today I dismissed it, but I did feel the car shifting funny a couple times, it felt like a lurch like fuel starvation, but it wasn’t so bad that I really paid a lot of attention to it until I saw the actual warning. The other times the warning came up I couldn’t even tell why it came up, the car felt fine.

I’d appreciate any tips or advice regarding this issue.

I’m concerned it’s going to be hard for the dealership to do anything about this because it only comes up at the track.