View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
This has been addressed so many times, even by Al O. himself. While this was true pre-6th gen, that all changed under Al O.

For the first time ever, you could get the most powerful engine in a Corvette or Camaro at the same time (2017 Z06 - 2017 ZL1).

In FACT, the Camaro had a slight upper hand, being able to fit the A10 trans while the C7 has been stuck with the problematic A8.

So the point is mute, it's old news, and has already been debunked.
I disagree ( and agree that it is totally semantics lol) because as mentioned the ZR-1 was being developed before the Z06 came out. So internally GM knew the LT-4 was not top dog. Also the LT4 was the only high performance engine available, once it debuted in the CTS-V as well we all knew it would power the ZL1

What I will say that can't be disputed, is that the engine powering a ZR-1 Corvette has never made it into any other vehicle. I have a feeling that will stay the same at least until the ZR-1 goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
When the LT4 was introduced you said it would never be in the Camaro using this same logic. You were certian there wasn't another engine to follow the LT4.

You may be right that the LT5 won't make it into the Camaro. We do however know that Al O and Mark Reuss set out to destroy the Mustang in the gen6 and they knew Ford would bring a 750 HP GT500. We also know that GM is developing other high HP engines for the C8 (twin Turbo Images leaked).

I personally don't think we will see it until the gen7 but the dominance of gen6 Alpha gives hope something else might drop.

True, but like I mentioned above. The ZR-1 engine in the last two ZR-1s has remained a Corvette exclusive. I think it will stay that way until the ZR-1 is retired. I doubt we see a Camaro and Corvette powered by the LT5 at the same time.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote