Thread: MBRP Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have the MBRP, I installed it on my 2016 1LT, M6. I did not have the NPP so the exhaust was very quiet- too quiet for my taste. I also had a loud rattle in the exhaust at start up, which I suspected was in the stock exhaust- like a loose baffle or something- but I was not sure. So I ordered an installed the MBRP. I got the SST system and it was pretty easy to install. I love the looks of it especially with the nice 4" tips. And it fits very nicely and centered in the outlets with lots of adjustment.

The sound is good- very deep and throaty at start up and low RPM. At the higher RPM's the best way I can describe it is the V6 howls. I love the sound of it- especially over stock. I feel that I gained a little power too- better throttle response at low RPM's. And my exhaust rattle is gone. The only draw back is at around 1800 RPM there is a slight drone- it is only at 1800-1900 RPM, not before or after. But even with the drone at only that one spot it sounds real good on the V6. I did find a video of it on You Tube and it really does sound like that. Just search MBRP Axle Back exhaust sound clip and you should find it.