View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #40
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
So the 1LE is my absalute dream car, is it worth that much??
I wish my dream car was this cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
And you're losing money everytime you do. You would have to be finding someone that is basically taking over your payment because there is no way you are not upside down at 84 months with no money down. Trade in would be completely out of the question. Unless you are financing the balance from the trade into the new one. The tax, tag, title and other fees alone will put you upside down with no money down. On a $40,000 car financed for 84 months at 2.99% with no money down, you will be actually financing around $42,800.00 do to tax, tag, title and other fees. That's $13,560 in payments you will make in 24 months, but you will still owe $31,470. Meaning you are already in the hole $2,230.00 before you even attemp to trade or sell your car. Now lets look up a 2016 1SS camaro's value in the black book. It's between $26,000 to $29,500 with trade in price being even less. Now you are upside down by $5,470 to $1,970 if you sell private more if you trade. You could possibly just shit one out your ass if you sell privately and find someone to pay you top dollar. Most people won't put the effort into selling a car on their own. That has an entire new set of issues with a car that has a loan on it.
Disclaimer : this example is a PA example. Other states could be different.
If people would look at the math and the real numbers many would see that they really can't afford what they are buying. Too many focus on making payments alone.
I would think a lease would make a lot more sense for him.