View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #4
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Now To The Fun Parts(s) Between Time of Purchase and Now

I took some time to assemble then sort through the many invoices, emails, charts and pictures to show the sequence of upgrades. (I was inspired by the Lethal Garage [Camaro] ordered listing.)

Instead of providing a word heavy narrative blow-by-blow, I will let the sequenced listing of upgrades which I have organized into projects tell the story of the evolution from Stock to Pretty Hot. I wanted a balanced car so attention was paid to all areas including engine, drive train, wheels & tires, and brakes. I am generally satisfied with the external aesthetics so I have omitted hood/spoiler mods.

Summing up all the labor and part costs of the mods I listed below it is indeed true that I could have purchased a 2018 ZL1 (convertible even). But I didn't have that kind of money (or ability to support that kind of car payment) when I walked in the Chevy dealer in late May 2017 -- I did have the resources to purchase a fully loaded 2017 Camaro SS coupe. The must-have-more performance bug started to bite within weeks --- and then many of us see what we can cobble together to finance incrementally upgrades. I followed that path; particularly when there are demands of family to cover since I'm the breadwinner.

After receiving a serious triple-digit speed infraction in August 2017 and a visit to state court in October 2017 requiring serious legal representation I decided I needed to be pro-active. With the advent of 2018, I invested serious money in obtaining a state-of-the-art "detection suite" suitable to a vehicle that is extraordinarily quick, memorably loud at WOT, and visually just begs state/local law officers to paint you with a radar and/or laser gun. In January-February 2018 I find a shop that handles the rich folk with their exotics to spec me a state-of-the-art front-and-back coverage laser jammer from ALP augmented by a high grade Radenso radar detector to be hard wired with Blendmount custom rear view mirror mount A rear license plate mounted red light camera spoofer from Radenso/NoPhoto was also purchased for the sake of being comprehensive. Now I feel like I'm piloting a F-22 Raptor when it comes to "situational awareness" relative to law enforcement.

If there was one element my Camaro SS that disappointed compared to the 2014 Ford Mustang GT --- it was the stereo system. The 2014 GT's upgraded system was excellent; the Camaro's Bose system was relatively under-powered and sounded a tad muddled. The FoCaL speaker upgrade turned a "good" 9 speaker system into a *stellar* system that is crystal clear at any volume -- and the low profile Pioneer 300W sub woofer offers all the bass one could desire while consuming minimal room in the mini-trunk.

More pictures of the various features will be forthcoming in the future.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Michelle Camaro 2017 Aftermarket Upgrade Purchase Inventory.pdf (118.2 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by SS2017_MJB; 09-12-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Engine compartment with P1X
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote