View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Here you go. Fixed it for you. Im upset because I use these trucks in my business. I dont want to show up to the shop in the mornings to a sea of ugly. I take pride in what our service trucks look like. I hate to say it, but I'll be switching to Super Duties if that is what they are going to look like. I have one of the new Super Duties bought when they came out for 2017 and its been a good truck so far in two years. Much better than the old design and looks far better than this 2020 if that is going to be what it looks like.
To me, as a client, it would be a lot more important to know that the person I hired purchases their tools (and a truck is a tool) because of the capability/utility/cost-effectiveness/etc; rather than than buying because it looks nice.

That said, from a functional standpoint every HD truck is nearly the same anyway. Seeing a crew roll up with a truck that has an extra 117 lbs max-payload capacity over its competitors still isn't going to matter much to someone who just wants their basement re-modelled or whatever.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote