View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
I don't want to derail this thread, so let's start a new one if there's any follow up questions/comments as I know others would be interested in this topic.

But suffice to say the GT350R felt slightly more nimble but it tramlined much more than the ZL1 1LE. IMO, both are well balanced cars. GT350R has a fantastic exhaust note, but the ZL1 1LE has incredible low end torque. Stock to stock I think the ZL1 1LE is a much more capable car not just in speed around a track or canyon but just in comfort/features overall -- heated/cooled seats, more comfortable seats, heads up display, rev match, etc.
i could not agree more(had a regular 350, not an R though). the lack of tramlining was the first thing i noticed, after the abundance of torque, on my drive home. the zl1 comes with so much more stuff for the money, i truly don’t understand how these drop in value so much faster than the mustang equivalent.

i will say though you may end up not as far off as one might think when comparing resale, as sticker for my 350 was considered a steal when i bought it, and many people paid 10-30k over for an R. i just got 8k off my 2018 ZL1-1LE, which just doesn’t happen with ford’s top dog.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote