Thread: Club F1FTY
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 03:59 PM   #15305
DroneShotFPV

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Joined the club recently

So about a month ago I joined the F1FTY club. I had NO intentions of buying a new Camaro just yet, as I was going to try for a 24 or something soon and give my 2013 to my now 16 year old son. The reason I wasn't in a hot hurry is I didn't really like a lot of the newer models front ends, or tail lights. Yes... cosmetic and able to be changed, but I hate dumping MORE money into something "new" to you. But that is all fine and good...

Anyway, my local Chevy dealer had a silver SS in a manual, and I wanted to test drive it just to check it out (was an '18). It was Silver with black rally stripes.. I have always liked silver / pewter silver, but it's not my TOP choice... Anyway, I pulled into the lot a day later than I wanted to due to work issues, and low and behold, there was this beautiful beast sitting on the lot that wasn't there in the days prior. This is bad of me as a Camaro fan, but I had never seen a 50th Anniversary edition before... This is because I don't have a boatload of cash to swap cars all the time, so I never kept up with the various releases because I would just want them REALLY bad.. lol But this car on the lot caught my eye for MANY reasons, including it's front grill and how "tough" this one looked. The front end was what I had wanted.. It reminded me somewhat of the ZL1's a bit, but in a different way...

Needless to say, I didn't test drive the other one, and I took this one home that same day. My plans were to buy a car in the next 6+ months, not the day I did... lol But I am sure glad I did!
33,600 miles on her, clean as a whistle, EXCELLENT condition!
1 thing though, the lady who owned it before me had them remove the red stripes that are standard with the 50th package... I have no idea why, but I honestly don't mind, it looks sharp as is.... and I could always add them back if i wanted. But the Windows sticker shows the H50 option, plus it has the orange Brembo's, etc. It's the 2SS model, so she gets it and goes.

There is one slight problem I have to get checked out next week... I have the rough start issue, the P050D code that the '16 - '18 models had, so I may be getting some injectors or engine work done, but free! The best part of it all, is my dealership offers a FREE lifetime power train warranty, so I am set on this car! I made sure it was everything power train related, and it most certainly is. They probably hope that people will trade it at certain years of ownership or mileage, but not me, I am keeping this car forever!

The last pic is of my wife's cousin who has a 45th Anniversary edition.
Attached Images

DroneShotFPV is offline   Reply With Quote