RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
From Mustang6g
He wasn't thinking it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I've never read something that made so little sense.
That could be...

Quote:
But I guess after getting whooped in performance from every angle for the past 5 years; the prospect of dealing with it all over again, but with 200+ less pounds would make me nervous too,
I wouldn't go that far. GT500. Brash, hard to drive, whatever... it was what we all wish we could have in terms of factory equipped straight line performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The difference is Ford never came out publicly and said there was a weight loss of XXX amount. GM is publicly stating the 6th gen will lose at least 200 lbs curb weight.
I don't recall Ford coming out publicly w/ anything until we saw the car and even then, not a word on weight, but they did say it would handle better and it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
You nailed it. Ford just said that some components lost weight, but never said the whole car like Chevy did. Ford also didn't say other components gained weight. Funny how they mention one yet not the other.
Where/when did Ford mention anything losing weight, or gaining weight. I only recall magazines and "tuners" saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
I'm gonna say as crazy as it sounds until we have one on the scales you have to at least entertain the idea of him being some what right. I honestly think gm is comparing the heaviest 5th gen to the lightest 6th gen to get those numbers. I hope dearly that I'm wrong but I doubt a 5th and 6th gen will weigh 200lbs difference when having the same options. Maybe 50-100lbs at best.
Nahh... you can rest assured, the 6th gen SS will be 200ish lb lighter than the 5th SS, base vs base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I didn't say they said it would lose weight, I said they over promised and under delivered. In many performance areas the new Mustang was not superior to the old Mustang in performance.
The only test I'd consider really truly done was when Randy Pobst drove them each around the same track, but even then, he did it on different days. However, the new just smashed the old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
More likely the weight is direct comparison to previous model excluding any options. Think 1SS with no options. I'm betting our option packages will look similar to the C7. A lot of people are expecting the interior updates and features to weight a lot. The Malibu proves they can build a nice modern interior and still save weight. But at the same I fully expect a loaded (3SS?) with MRC to weight at least 3900-4000lbs still.
I nearly agree, but I expect the heaviest SS(excluding high performance packages) coupe to weigh in around 3800.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote