Thread: 2nd Cat delete
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #14
ProjectZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
My 02 cents is, why waste the money having a muffler shop cut the secondary cats off. Why not just shell out for the SWorks catback and be done with it ?
Well, because i paid the exhaust shop 85 bucks and most cat backs are over 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
my dealer didn't say anything about the exhaust during my oil pump failure warranty claim. The ONLY thing they cared about was the fact the ECM was stock.
Yeah i don't see where they could say anything about the secondaries being gone for anything really, but it depends on the dealership also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
Im sure every dealer is different in how hey handle there warranty claims. I had a bad experience with GM with my 2012 Duramax. I had a S & B CAI intake installed and started having issues with a DEF code popping up when the temperatures got cold outside. Somehow the dealer wanted to link it to the intake, anyway, I wont mess with any emissions stuff in the future while under warranty, but thats just me. Im sure theres lots of owners out there that had warranty work covered while they had CAI and catbacks ect. I just wont gamble in the future or atleast til Im deeper into my warranty.
Totally depends on the dealership and how they word and treat warranty claims. We have a local dealership that will honor the warranty on z06's and ZL1's even after they are tuned if tuned by a specific shop.