View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i just know alot about carparts coilovers megan , bc , godspeed and alot of other companies are around $1000 or so and great for lowering the vehicle and to be a stanceboi but not great for track use. i have been working with powell raceshop in canada on the yyz springs and also his new shocks that i installed last weekend as a track option replacement setup for 6th gens. if i were to buy coilovers it would be for track use and even the kw v1-v3 isnt going to be a good option. If i wanted a track focused coil over setup is would be mcs or moton or ohlins and it would be around $5-6k which is a little too rich for my blood
So youre trying to tell me some lowering springs from a guy which you work with or is sponsored by, is better then all the coilovers under 5-6k? I find that a little hard to believe lol but I looked into the concern for cost and emailed them to avoid speculation but rather some more direct information and this is what they said.

"We are able to be at the pricing that we are, because unlike most other brands out there, we make all of our own parts at our manufacturing facility in Taiwan. And no, it isn’t a sweatshop like what is in everyone’s heads, it’s a very*nice and clean facility. (Video of it from our about us page:*www.silvers-na.com/about-us*) Since we do make all of our own parts, there is no added markup, shipping, lengthy build times etc. If we don’t have the necessary parts to build an order, then we put it into the build line and run a batch of whatever is needed*and 2-3 days later the kit is built and out the door. We hand assemble every single coilover, and shock dyno every single shock and patch pairs within 5%. Also since we do make all of our own parts, we are able to do higher quality finishes like our electroless*nickel plated shock bodies. Most everyone in our price range and even on up uses the poor quality powder paint which is easily scratched. If you do some digging you will see that the majority of off-road racing shocks such as icon, king, fox racing etc all*use the nickel finish due to its durability. It is more expensive, but with us having it in house the costs are less than others that outsource for the powder paint. Lastly, we are new here to the US, but we have been around since 99’ and in time attack, circuit*racing, and won Porsche cup Asia two times. In the video I linked you can also see a lot of clips of the circuit racing Silver’s was involved in over the years"
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote