View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
GM wouldn't have added the time of development and expense of a part if they didn't think it was necessary. I won't pretend to suggest they spent millions on engineering on a part that costs like $5 to produce, but if, for example, they (and every other manufacturer) skimp on not painting what they don't need to (just look under the hood or chassis for the OEM e-coat where there is neither base coat or clearcoat) to save however much that is on materials, they won't add a part unless it is necessary. I recall reading a part of the book about the 6th Gen where they added a brace to the chassis only on V8 cars (because they needed the extra strength) around the rear torque box. That's one of a couple examples I can argue.

If that part didn't need to be there, they wouldn't add it. I removed mine because I have no intent on driving much in the rain. I would be willing to bet, though, that unless you were under heavy throttle much (and I'm not sure how one could be with this car in the rain), you likely don't have much to worry about. I only have theories though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote