Old 11-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I’m going to be completely honest here.

You guys are really late to the game.

This thing better not be more than $59.99 w/ free shipping and an apology letter for tardiness.

Unless there’s a substantial cost benefit to switching to this, or for new buyers to completely circumvent the existing, proven cold air intakes for this platform, you guys have a hill to climb and a lot of bias to overcome. Good luck either way.
Well it's only been 2 years since 2016 and 3-4 MYs of total 6th Gen Camaros. Remember back in the 5th Gen there were companies sprouting up left and right throughout the entire Gen. Right now we have RF which is great, they were the first ones. The other option for open element is K&N which I'm not a fan of. Closed systems only have CAI. The other brands require tunes and are sold in packages and such...like Weapon X or one of those companies. So really there are only 3 other choices. Taking it back to the 5th Gen again, there were many many more options. So the fact that there aren't as many choices right now might work in their favor if they price it properly. Not everyone wants a RF as they seem to be the dominant ones. K&N kinda doesn't have a good name. CAI is good. So I think they'll be just fine coming in at this point in time. But what they can't afford, if you ask me, is to drag their feet. It would suck if they keep saying "more info soon", "stay tuned", "very very soon", and before you know it this thread is 15 pages long and we're well into 2019 with no sign of the dang thing being available, lol!!