View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wanna know why the Z/28 isn't making a sound while the 6th gen is screeching like crazy.

Take a look at these two screen grabs. Z/28 is much lower to the ground, and seems to have much less body roll....it looks far superior here (which is to be expected).

That said, we don't know how much speed each car was carrying through this turn. The 6th gen looked to be pushing pretty hard and could have been carrying a bit more speed than the Z/28 (this was from the 2nd time the 6th gen went by, not the first) but who knows.

Also...I know the camo throws it off, but the 6th gen sure does seem to be hair taller bodywise, and not as wide. Makes sense I guess as the ATS alpha platform width is also slimmer than the 5th gen right? eh....could be my imagination lol.
Hard to compare a 6th Gen prototype that likely is just an SS to the 5th Gen Z/28 that was practically built for lapping the Nurburgring.

I think what your seeing is that the 6th Gen prototype is actually taller in this scenario. Compared to a Z/28 again it's going to look tall. I'd venture to say this 6th Gen prototype is an SS with very street friendly suspension and tires.
There is also a slight optical illusion as the 6th Gen prototype in white camo devoid of a clear body definition and having the rear 3/4 windows covered makes the car looks taller than the red Z/28.

Although I would venture to say the 6th Gen may even have a slightly higher beltline than even the 5th Gen.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote