Old 08-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #52
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
And go in which direction style-wise?
Well Doc... thats the million dollar question. lol

Your drawing and these are my opinions: the rear, I am in agreement from the side view it is mustang material. The rear, while it is a sunfire look, it can be worked with. From the side, Id make it round off from the rear window to the end of the car similar to what a 67/70 camaro looks like without the spoiler. Then you add the spoiler to it. The rear bumper, make it a little more sharper. This is all from the side. Then, make the rear lights less of an sideways triangle look and perhaps a little more defined somehow. How? Im unsure.

The front needs to be wider at the headlights and broader. Dont make it too small of a vent between the headlights. The headlights shouldnt be too skinny or to linear. Give them some roundness. Its your design I understand and respect. Im not a fan of triangular or linear lights. It should keep an old school style approach but a little more refined. Also from the side view, make the front straighter up & down rather than that angled look on the bumper. A slight angle above the bumper is good. But the overall approach should be something like "< " as the front of the car but with a lot less of an angle as Im using. The center is where the point should be angled towards the rear fo the car on the top and bottom of the front end. These are my thoughts. Or mayby a sharper angle at th lower end toward the tire. but straighter on the upper end?

EDIT: I just noticed youre drawings redesigned. I really like the look of your #5 & 5b drawings with 70s rendition on the rear. On the front end, I like the round headlights approach, widen it a bit and instead of how the 5th gen "opening" is for headlights and grille, make it follow the headlight edges. Hard to explain what I mean but it would look similar to how the opening is on the sides of headlights of a 67. Also too much body and not enough grille abover or below the bumper. The car should have planety of "breathable" space.In the center between the headlights, you could come up with it a little I guess? But have it angled on the bottom of the bumper towards the tire to be sharper than above IMO. Also as stated above, the top rear needs to be angled or rounded off lower than the rear window, then add the spoiler. Not a huge dropoff, but a little lower. Also on the side view shot, I noticed from the trunk corner towards the conter of the bumper, the angle to too far out imo. Make it a little less of an angle outard. Not straight up and down, but not so much of an angle. Youre spoiler can define the rear end toward the center of the bumper like so "/" maybe?have it go in then out at the center of bumper and then back towards the rear tire? Youre def on the right track though.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by Wizard1183; 08-05-2013 at 08:50 AM.