View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 10:40 AM   #9
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detleg View Post
Looks awesome Bro...How do you like that Lift?
I would buy them again. Not having enough ceiling height for a normal lift, it was the next best thing I found. Only real cons being no access from sides, and storing everything when not in use can be a pain. I do wish it had more than 2 locking positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Finally a SlowLS1 build thread! Everytime I see your car posted, I always want to know more about it. Those stock brakes looked pretty cooked. Mine were in a similar state when I did my original brake upgrade. I have the same issue, I tend to do the same jobs multiple times because I can't think far enough ahead... I did eibach sport suspension on my car first, hated it and immediately bought coilovers... I must have done similar stuff on my 87 Trans am atleast 5 or 6 times... Different suspension itterations, brake setups, axle combinations... I've learned its better to just get the good stuff the first time even if it hurts the wallet a bit more.
I have thought about this for a while but TBH, there is a lot of intimidation in this sub. I look at everyone else's car in here and most of them are well documented and very clean rides. I have not done a good job of documenting the things I have done. For example, when doing the air ride install, I didn't take many pictures or document much of what I did, and a lot of what I did is custom work. Also the condition of the car was in pretty poor shape when I got her.

That being said, I have some very big projects starting and want them to be documented, and I DO enjoy sharing will you guys and getting feedback.

And yes, it is harder on the wallet in the start, but every car I've built in the past was done 2 and 3 times over because I didn't put a lot of thought into it. More impulsive decision where made, a lot of them were mistakes. Multiple cams or headers, nitrous to blower, swaps etc... All costly but now is different times. I was more of a drag racing nut, always chasing another tenth. Building drag queens that I could drive everywhere.

The internet makes it a lot easier to research and get ideas. But mostly I have matured in how I think about it. I want this car to be an all around fun weekend car that may not do anything great, but can do all of it good enough without sacrificing the enjoyment of driving it. I made that commitment to myself with this car, and plan to stick to it.

I promise....