Thread: Fuel Surge Tank
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 02:16 PM   #5
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I have looked into it, the existing aux pumps and the dual pump hanger both create dangerous problems under 1/2 tank on track--I would never risk that. I have experience with this from my prior car, the only way I would build a high WHP ZL1 for track is with a fuel cell with a large integrated surge tank and dual high flow Walbro/Ti E85 pumps for both lift and the surge tank (dual on both). It's the most proven solution, and you can remove it as one unit and install in your next car.

Radium Engineering has a lot of universal Fuel Cell Surge Tank options for this, I'd start there.
Would you say that is over kill for a slightly modified ZL1 with intake, headers and a tune? From 650hp to 720hp(ish)

Do you think a surge tank alone would be enough without the need for a fuel cell? (If I'm getting any of the terminology mixed up feel free to point that out as I'm not really sure how a fuel cell and a surge tank work together)