Thread: Tiger Woods
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:24 AM   #11
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Thousands and thousands of drivers successfully negotiate that stretch of road daily. Is it dangerous? It can be, depending on how you drive. Can it be made safer? Yes, absolutely. To me the most glaring feature that is absent is the use of a center median and barrier to prevent traveling into the opposite direction of on-coming cars and head on collisions.

You must remember where this is. A very up-scale neighborhood where a functioning center median would look like the Berlin wall, and a pitchfork mob would spell the end of any councilman's career who promoted it's construction. Aesthetics and landscaping sometimes are more important than what can make something safe, depending on where you live.

There is a serious accident there on average once a month. But now that one involved Tiger Woods, perhaps the road will be made safer. My $.02.

Looks like it wouldn't take much to get into trouble on that road. A little inattention due to a cell phone, not realizing the speed downhill, etc. I can't find it now, but I recall reading that there were 2 additional wrecks that day on that stretch of road and that the road has a couple of those runaway truck sand/gravel exits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Sounds like a combination witch doctor/ambulance chasing attorney's office

Looks legit to me, I'm sure they do a bunch of work for accident attorneys though. The customers they have doesn't make their forensic/accident reconstruction invalid. If you do a panic stop in a car with ABS, you'll likely still see tire marks, just not a solid thick stripe of rubber like the good ol' days.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote