View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #65
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Drivetrain is the only factor here.... because without the AWD, this car is not impressive. It's the same thing with the GT-R. They're impressive to watch launch...but after that...it's nothing impressive..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
LMAO...you're going to compare an AWD car (Which is why it won) vs. a RWD car that costs an easy 70k cheaper...

Not to mention the fact that the Huracan is mid-engine with virtually all of its weight centered around the mid/rear of the car... It's a no-brainer it will win... we didnt even need the video..
You said yourself that chassis is a factor here. Mid engine and weight distribution is also a factor of the chassis and not just the drivetrain itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Why the heel are they making engines with more than 300hp if all you want to do is turn? Just make them lighter and you can turn all you want. My entire point was that the Corvette should come with 800+ hp. At the least as an option. GM is restricted to DOT regulations thus the tires they sell the car with however, the end user can put on whatever he chooses. The AWD comparison is just silly.
The AWD video was added to illustrate my point that better chassis/drivetrain setups trump hp and that more hp won't make the car better for your goal: straight line racing. Nor for my goal: road course use. Also, you need more than 300 hp to make impressive lap times on a road course as well (since the Vette will never be as light as a Lotus Elise), the issue is that you run into diminishing returns as you increase in number because the chassis can't handle it, nor can the RWD layout. Both our goals would be better served if the C8, mid engine Vette comes with AWD vs just 800hp it can't put down. Before anyone says the Vette has always been RWD, I will throw it out there that the Vette has also always been front engine. If one can change, so can the other. Can it be an option, sure. Make a drag pack like the Demon, but I suspect GM would choose a Camaro for its Demon competitor and not a Vette.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote