View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #40
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
I recognize unions can be just as corrupt as management( see the current UAW scandal), but good unions out there still very much serve a purpose and needed.

Management will always twist regulations or have loose interpretations of them that suit their needs at the expense of employees. I am seeing that now in my line of work. The union is fighting that saying their interpretation is wrong. And who gets the smack and black mark if the feds find out? Me...... Now my career progression is stunted. The only reason I can push back and say no I am not doing that without fear of being fired is thanks to the union protection.

As for well why don't you just leave and go somewhere else? Sure I am definitely trying to move on to greener pastures, but making a lateral move and starting over again( taking a 50% paycut, loss of seniority, etc) is a tough pill to swallow and only done if forced to( company out of business, laid off, etc). So I am glad the union is there to help fight against managements twisting of this crap so I don't have to worry having any black marks on my record( either from the feds or having a termination on my employment record).
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote