Thread: Blower CAM spec
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Too much lift on either for stock heads and rocker arms. I would personally keep the lift around .600 with stock style rocker arms. I don't understand why companies are producing these extra high lift cam shafts when valve guide scrubbing is a issue. It was a problem on LS and I don't see anything has changed to address it on LT. Now if you went with a ported head and roller rocker arms that maintains better geometry at higher lift then I could see either cam working well. Not to mention they are harder on lifters because you need stouter springs to control them.

So basically the cam above with a standard dual spring(btr platinum) and LS7 lifter is a recipe for valve-train failure within 20k miles.

Call kip at cam motion and tell him what you are looking to do.
You lips to god's ear.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote