Thread: Lionhart tires
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #13
tbair64

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
I have the Lionhart LH-Fives on our BMW X7. I scored some OEM BMW 22” rims during the pandemic and went to buy tires and got sticker shock (over $2,000 a set). The Lionhart’s have a 30K mile warranty. My set of 275/40/22 front and 305/35/22 rear were $600. They’re quiet on the highway, handle great, do well in the rain and have held up to their 30K mile warranty. Currently at 25K miles and still have 2mm over wear bars left. Prices are up over 2 years ago but still only $700 per set.

I also ran Venom Power Terra Hunter XT off-road tires (33x12.5r20’s) on my F-150. Another Chinese brand. 50K mile warranty and another great tire. Quiet on the highway, great off-road and excellent in the rain. 30K miles so far, wearing properly and well worth the $750 per set price. Now they’re up to $900.

Just ordered my Apex 18” track wheels and I’m switching from NT-01’s (which I loved) to Nankang AR-1’s. Phil’s tire service seems to have the best price on the East coast.

Now for performance street tires….sorry, gotta be Michelins for me.

Exactly what I was looking for someone with first hand experience. Thank you.
Sounds like it could be a good option for someone out there.
I actually bought a set just to see what they where like. for no other reason than to see for myself. everyone had an opinion but no one actually tried them. So I have no idea what they where basing there opinion on. I figured fore the price If I hated them not such a big lose.
Surprisingly not to bad. ride quality from a run flat is much better. Are they the best tire out there. Not even close. I will see what the limitations are at an autocross event in the near future. I will be doing 3 runs on a set of Lionharts LH-Five and then swapping to Michelin PS4 I believe that's the tire to beat so lets just see how bad or good they are.
tbair64 is offline   Reply With Quote